Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cabin Fever...

Oh man, here we go. This has to be the worst mental feeling in the world.

Here is the scenario. 2011 has ended. Even though it was technically winter I was ready to pull my motorcycle out for another ride. I mean why not right? The temperatures were more than warm enough to ride. Bundle up, strap on a helmet, grab some gloves, and continue on down the road in my pursuit to spend a life behind bars! The moment I mentioned that out loud weather hit us, and I mean it hit us hard!!!! We went from 55 degrees to 11 degrees in two friggin' days! I mean what the hell is that all about??? I know how the weather works around here, and can change at the drop of one simple statement.

So now, I am in the house bundled up to keep warm. With rising costs of utilities we keep it a little cooler in the house these days. Anyways, my point is I am bundled up, sitting inside a box, and I am losing my mind! All I can think about it is wanting to get outside and do something. My garage isn't heated either, and I found out yesterday I can't work out there right now either! I spent about 20 minutes out there yesterday working on my project bike. By the time I got the 34 year old clutch out of the engine my hands were stiff and cold. What do I do to warm up? Go bundle up inside a box! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So what am I supposed to do during this time of year? I can't afford to heat my garage to keep myself around my motorcycles and tools, and mentally I can't afford to sit inside this damn box! I honestly don't know how to deal with this feeling anymore. I used to be fine with it, but after spending some time living in Daytona Beach, FL I got weak. My blood has thinned to the point I can't deal with the cold at all!

So I sit here typing this wondering what other cold people are doing right now. What do we do when we can't do what we love? I don't have an answer, but I am actively looking for help on this subject.......

No comments:

Post a Comment