Friday, December 30, 2011

My motorcycle...

I am currently riding a 1997 Honda Shadow American Classic Edition 1100. It is a shaft driven bike, and rides out very smoothly. It is completely stock right now, and has around 24,000 miles on it. I am the second owner, and have owned it for almost a year now. There are changes I plan to make because I have a hard time leaving anything stock! I plan to change the exhaust system, saddlebags, full size front fairing, more comfortable seats, a couple of other little things. This is the bike I cruise on with my wife or my daughter. They would love for me to add a sidecar, so I could take both of them at the same time.

I love my motorcycle for one very simple reason. IT'S MINE!!! I own her free and clear. Actually sometimes I feel like she owns me! I can't walk by her without stopping to touch it, sit on it, wipe off a smear, or some other silly little reason. Yes, I am worse than a kid sometimes!

So I would like to leave you with this question. What do you ride? What have you done to your bike? What would you like to do it? Or anything else you would like add about your bike or mine!

3 comments:

  1. I can feel you, brother! Owning a motorcycle is an overwhelming feeling. I just bought my third one, and man, it feels like I just bought my first motorcycle. Anyway, how’s that pretty thing doing now? :)

    - Erik Lucien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to sell her :-( My back problems have gotten in the way of riding, and my doctor and lawyer said no more for a good long while. Not sure what is next for now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Even for a short ride? Don't worry Michael, you can still express your passion for motorcycles in many other ways. Why not try attending motorcycle conventions? I’m pretty sure that you’re gonna find some like-minded people in there that have the same passion as yours.

      Hannah Parkin

      Delete